Friday, September 28, 2007

Why didn't I learn to sew????

To sew or not to sew? That's the migraine headache about to befall me. I have a friend who can sew up a wedding dress in like 10 minutes. We went to the same high school, why didn't I get these skills? I think I'm going to pay someone. The last time I tried to sew anything, I threw the pattern in the trash and sold the sewing machine. However, I need this comforter in front of me to shrink by 5 -6 inches. How hard could it be to just take off the excess so it will fix in the duvet? (Don't answer that) Don't think I didn't consider hacking off the excess and "hemming " it with duct tape! The only thing that stopped me from doing that was I will have to take the comforter out to wash it. I am redecorating my entire house and this is my first problem, but generally I'm having lots of fun. I have ideas whirling around my head.

PS There's been a lot of activity here, I appreciate all the new comments. I WILL get to everyone's blog to stop by and say hi. I've also been tagged and when I get images of scissors and Duct tape out of my mind I will respond to my tag this evening.

2 comments:

Damselfly said...

Hey, doesn't your mom sew? Taking off some inches shouldn't be too hard. If your mom can't do it, send your comforter to your high school friend. ;)

Victoria said...

Congrats on the traffic -- it is so nice, yet it creates a lot of work, too! Gotta be a good blog friend, right?

Good luck with everything, and feel free to stop by at your leisure. ;)